Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Sunday, May 08, 2005

I was just playing the Battle of the Kentish Knock scenario

I was playing the English side in the Battle of the Kentish Knock scenario in Privateers Bounty. That scenario can be downloaded, along with others, at AngloDutchWarsBlog.com. The English were ahead with 80% of their goal left, while the Dutch, under AI control, still had 95% to go. I had to quit, however, as the memory leak issue had caused me to lose the ability to steer the English ships. I did take some good photographs, however, which I will be posting. I was commanding the English, as I said, with the difficulty at the maximum. I also had grouped the entire English fleet, for better or worse. That left one squadron maneuvering at a distance, out of range. As usual, I steered the entire fleet with the helm. The English had the weather gauge, although they could easily have lost it. I was fighting aggressively with the English, and with the first pass, tried to break the Dutch "line", and then backed off, after doing so.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links