Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I just watched the dismasted 1st Rate London "take apart" the Dutch Eendracht (76 guns)

I am finishing playtesting the Battle of Solebay scenario, with me playing the English. This was pretty much "annihilation" for the Dutch. The AI continually closed with the English, and they got shot up pretty badly. I watched the dismasted 1st Rate London, as she "took apart" the Dutch 2nd Rate Eendracht (76 guns), a Rotterdam ship. This scenario is challenging for the Dutch, as I suspect that they are outmatched pretty badly. Despite the "Pearl Harbor" style attack at dawn, they still had a challenge. I may need to downgrade most of the French, as the French were badly led by D'Estrees. Right now, towards the end of a "fight to the finish", the Dutch are outnumbered almost 5:1, and the English Sovereign (100 guns) is only slightly damaged.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links