Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Some possible Privateers Bounty scenarios

A natural candidate for a Privateers Bounty scenario would be the Four Days Battle in June 1666. We have good OOB and ship data, so it would be a natural. The only question that I am concerned with is how to deal with a very late reinforcment by Prince Rupert's squadron on the four day. One possibility is to have an extremely large playing area (this is the only really viable alternative) and place the squadron in the far corner, away from the battle.

The other possibility is to do the Battle of the Gabbard in June 1653. My concern with this is that I still don't have a good OOB for the Dutch, although since I would be "scaling" the scenario to fit into Privateers Bounty, I could just the information of which I am sure, and be content with that.

Right now, all my time is going into a programming project for the period 1903-1927, so that it will be a while before I do another scenario.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links