Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Monday, December 27, 2004

Privateers Bounty: Battle of Solebay

I experimented earlier this evening with the Battle of Lowestoft, and used my standard tactics. The much larger English fleet still overwhelmed the Dutch. So, I thought it would be interesting to try the Battle of Solebay scenario, with my still commanding the Dutch. I used my standard tactics, with a variation. I fought the battle generally from the leeward, rather than from the windward. The way the AI handled the Allies, I was able to keep them at a distance. I was not able to take the time to fight to the finish. I shut the battle down with the Dutch with 87% and the Allies with 86% of their fleet left. I actually found that I could easily wear to the opposite tack, and keep the Allies from closing, while I was generally raking them.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links