Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Monday, June 06, 2005

I need to update my First Anglo-Dutch War Privateers Bounty scenarios

Since I developed the scenarios for the First Anglo-Dutch War for Privateers Bounty, I have learned more about ship names and specifications for ships that were previously not known. Usually, because most lists only have the captain's name and perhaps guns and crew, we didn't know all the names. We still don't know all the names, but we can hope that the information will eventually surface. Five years ago, I wouldn't have predicted that we would have learned details about so many Directors' ships as we have. As I have written before, Frank Fox's prediction is that if we keep looking, that we will eventually have the complete picture. I can believe that there is more that we can expect to learn, as Vreugdenhil had access to some information about ships prior to 1652 that I have not yet seen. The pity is that Vreugdenhil only published a small part of what is available, since he did not supply captain names for ships.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links