Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I still have undiminished enthusiasm for Privateers Bounty

I don't know if you can tell, but I am still enthusiastic about being able to run simulations of 17th Century battles with Privateers Bounty. It has many drawbacks, but the advantages far outway the disadvantages. Even though scenarios are limited to about 84 ships (some number like that), the numbers are sufficiently large to give some of the flavor of 17th Century battles. After the early 18th Century, nothing the size of 17th Century battles was seen until the Battle of Jutland, fought on May 31st to June 1st, 1916.

The drawbacks of Privateers Bounty are sufficient to have started me on the path of building my own simulator, using the Torque engine. That is a longterm project, however. I am still at the stage of determining requirements and learning the tools.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links