Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Dutch and English captains postings

On my agenda is collecting my posting about Dutch and English captains and admirals from here, and Anglo-Dutch Wars blog, and having them added to KentishKnock.com, where I already have my previous entries. I have a working document for Dutch captains in the period of 1628-1700 that will some day be published. I believe that it is on the order of 84 pages, as it currently stands. What is there right now is more in the nature of notes rather than paraphrased text, unlike what I have posted. Certainly, J.C. Mollema's "Honor Roll" is the basis of some of what I have written (my translation and editing of what he wrote). I seem to have access to more than Mollema used, so I have been able to expand and to supplement what he wrote. He also omitted many captains that I have covered. He omitted more than he included, I would guess. He also seems to have relied heavily on Brandt's biography of De Ruyter: Het Leven en Bedryf van den Heere Michiel De Ruiter.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links