Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Monday, June 12, 2006

Low-end wargaming pieces

All that is necessary to quickly build up a fleet of sailing warships is a white sheet of paper (preferably Index), a pencil, a ballpoint pen, a ruler, access to a copier, scissors and colored pencils. When I was in full production, ten years ago or so, I would drawn either a 1/4in or 1/2in margin around the page, and then do some quick pencil sketches (freehand, if you can) at 1in = 100ft scale. I would ink after drawing in pencil, and then after the ink dries, erase the pencil. I would rule lines across the page for the size that I would fold over to make a tent. When the page was full, I would make copies. I would color the copies, cut them out, and fold them in half. I would typically customize the drawing with a ship name, and possibly, the captain's name. That all takes time, but the process is much faster than drawing each ship by hand.

At this date, I would involve a scanner and paint program, so that copying the drawing is simple graphic editing. You may be able to color areas with a tool as simple as MS Paint. This is an example of the hand drawn ship:

No comments:

Amazon Context Links