Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Friday, July 30, 2004

I have a new Dutch ship drawing

I will put in a little time this weekend on creating more sheets of Dutch and English ship drawings. My priority has to be game programming, however. I have an assignment with a naval wargame company that has priority. In the back of my mind, I am formulating what a 2D 17th Century naval wargame could be like. I say 2D, because the development time and effort are so much less. Admittedly, what we all want is a great 3D game with realistic ship 3D models. We want to be able to refight the battles of the First, Second, and Third Anglo-Dutch Wars. We want the play to be intuitive and easy to control. We want the AI to be good, so that we can run solo games. With the hardcore 17th Century community so geographically diverse, I have trouble seeing how we could pull together teams easily. There are gamers from the US, UK, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Russia, and the Far East. The time zones, alone, boggle the mind. As I hope to be in a 40-hour a week job, soon, I will have greater difficulty in gaming at odd hours. I am pretty much an early to bed, early to rise person. Many people do not fall into that category, and run noon to 7 or 8am. That is not me, however.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links