Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Friday, July 09, 2004

I haven't wanted to do miniatures gaming on a hex grid

If I am going to do miniatures gaming, I expect to have to measure with some ruler and move ships that way. If I was boardgaming, I could see using a hex grid, but that would be the only time I would consider such a thing. I could see that for the tiny fleets of the late 18th Century, where you might have a dozen ships on a side, that you might consider the hex grid, but when you are like me, where I want to have 70, 80, 90, or 100 ship fleets for 17th Century gaming, I just wouldn't even have thought of using a hex grid for anything but the large scale map, where I moved prior to placing fleets on the floor (no table is big enough, even at 1/3000 scale).

No comments:

Amazon Context Links