Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Friday, March 23, 2007

Analysis

I have revived my analysis document about Amsterdam ships that I had started in December 2006. I still am interested in seeing if I can guess which ship that Abraham van der Hulst commanded. I assume that this was a "landsschip" and that the ship was one that we know about. If that is true, then by having a comprehensive list that shows who commanded ships, by date, we should be able to find which ship was that commanded by Abraham van der Hulst. The list of ships is too well-defined for his ship to be a "mystery ship". I must admit that our experience with Zeeland ships in 1652 ought to inspire some caution on this, as there were a number of Zeeland ships in service that were not mentioned in published sources.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links