Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Monday, August 23, 2004

I'm gearing up to do 2nd Anglo-Dutch War battle scenarios for Privateers Bounty

To do 2nd Anglo-Dutch War scenarios, I need to do the calculations for Dutch ships so that I know the correct burden in English measure as well as a reasonable draft estimate. I am reformatting my Excel spreadsheet to be ordered by ship name and date, rather than captain's name.
I have reasonable data for English ships. The main task there is to estimate armaments, crews, and mast values. I will rely upon Pepys' list for navigational drafts. I will also use those crew figures for later in the century. For the 2nd ADW, I will continue to rely upon Frank Fox and Dr. Weber's book.
A nasty feature of Privateers Bounty is that it will not allow enough ships per scenario, so I will need to "scale" the scenarios to fit what is possible.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links