Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Friday, August 27, 2004

Possible Battle of Lowestoft scenario (3 June 1665 Old Style)

I find it distasteful to have to reduce numbers to be able to fit the large battles in to Privateers Bounty, but that is just what is needed. I think that we might as well have the 2nd Anglo-Dutch War battles available to fight, as the OOB's are well defined by Frank Fox. I have to shoehorn them into Privateers Bounty, but at least we would be able to get a flavor for what it was like.
The basic problem is the need to limit total ships to some number around 84. I will scale the fleets accordingly, to fit within this limitation. The main work to be done will be do develop the scaled OOB and then finish the Dutch ship calculations, so that I have what would be needed to create the ships in the Privateers Bounty scenario editor.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links