Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Monday, August 09, 2004

The Privateers Bounty scenario for the Battle of the Smyrna Convoy is available for download

I finished playtesting and tweaking the Battle of the Smyrna Convoy (13-14 March 1672). This is a very strange situation, in that there are a large number of weakly-armed Dutch vessels, and a few strong English ships. If you run the English, there is a great danger that you can end up with all of your ships dismasted and some possibly surrendered. Still, you can wreck havoc on the Dutch, as well.
The objective for the Dutch must necessarily be to run, and head for the far corner of the map. I may have estimated the Dutch merchant ships to be too small and to carry guns that are lighter than they should be. Still, I could cite examples for what I have estimated, so I went with those estimates, for now. The scenario and new usrships.ini file can be downloaded at AngloDutchWarsBlog.com.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links