Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Sunday, August 15, 2004

I'm updating the Smyrna Convoy scenario: Privateers Bounty and Word document

Thanks to Steven Webber, I have sufficient information to design a better scenario for the Battle of the Smyrna Convoy. We know that the wind was from the southwest, the Dutch were sailing east along the Isle of Wight, and the Robert Holme's ships approached from the windward. The English were in line with the Resolution leading.
I am assembling the revised Privateers Bounty scenario, right now, and will make it available for download, after some playtesting. After that, I will make available the revised Word document. One thing I did was to increase the size of the Dutch merchantmen. My assessment is that I used First Anglo-Dutch War-sized ships, which were too small for the 1670's. They were also too lightly armed, at least with respect to gun calibers.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links