Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I just posted Battle of the Sound pictures

I ran the Battle of the Sound scenario on the simulator, tonight, and took some pictures. The Dutch goal is to run six transports past the Swedish fleet, to reinforce and supply the besieged Danish capital, Copenhagen. A secondary purpose is to inflict as much damage as possible on the Swedish fleet, while keeping the Dutch fleet largely intact.

For this simulation run, I used the irregular formation for the Dutch. I only maneuvered the fleet with the rudder, rather than destination points. For the last half of the battle, I ran the Dutch fleet at full sail. If I had not deliberately gone back to try and finish off the Swedish fleet, the Dutch would have had about a 2:1 superiority, which is amazing to me, given the Swedish superiority in ships. The Swedes had two large ships of 72 and 74 guns (the Viktoria and Kronan).

The pictures are all posted at anglodutchwarsblog.com

No comments:

Amazon Context Links