Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Sunday, May 02, 2004

I am happy with my Battle of the Virginia Capes scenario

The French just won a "fight to the finish" Battle of the Virginia Capes. There were 78% of the French ships left versus 9% of the English. Of course, typical of these late 18th Century scenarios in Privateers Bounty, there many immobile ships. Some were totally dismasted while many were just greatly reduced in mobility.

Given the Privateers Bounty issues with maneuvering when you have a formation set, I used the helm, after roughly forming the French into a single line. For that, I did use the line formation and destination points. The only use for such a thing is to impose some order on a totally disordered fleet. Otherwise, I prefer maneuvering the grouped fleet with the helm.

In any case, I am happy with the scenario, and will make it available. I will include it in the zip file that is available.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links