Google AdSense

Amazon Ad

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

The Project

I have embarked on the early stages of a project to build a 17th Century naval warfare simulator/game. As you may have read, I now have the Torque 3D engine, and am acquiring the other tools that are needed.

All I really have, right now, is a concept. I have seen and used Privateers Bounty, from Akella. It is oriented towards late 18th Century and Napoleonic naval warfare. Even for that, it has shortcomings. Still, it is a start. I would have liked to be able to use it for a starting point, but Akella is unresponsive to inquiries from ordinary people.

My wish list of features includes:

  • 17th Century ship 3D models
  • setting formations during scenario building
  • grouping ships while building scenarios
  • being able to control both sides in a battle for solo gaming
  • capability for having large numbers of ships, as are needed to 17th Century scenarios
  • being able to tow damaged ships
  • being able to select tactical plan during scenario building
  • This is at least part of my wish list of features.

    No comments:

    Amazon Context Links